Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the disgraced brother of King Charles III who was stripped of his titles last year over his ties to Jeffrey Epstein, was arrested by U.K. police on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
King Charles confirmed the arrest in a statement expressing his “deepest concern.”
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” he said. “In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
Thames Valley Police said in a statement that authorities arrested “a man in his sixties from Norfolk” but declined to name him.
“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time,” the police said.
Mountbatten-Windsor turned 66 on Thursday.
It’s unclear what allegations are being investigated against Mountbatten-Windsor. Earlier this month, Thames Valley Police said they were probing claims that he sent confidential trade information to Epstein after the Justice Department released documents related to the financier that included emails between the two men.
MS NOW has reached out to Mountbatten-Windsor’s spokesperson for comment.
Ahead of the former prince’s arrest, UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer told the BBC that “nobody is above the law,” though he stopped short of saying that Mountbatten-Windsor should turn himself in.
Mountbatten-Windsor has long been dogged by his close relationship with Epstein. He faced allegations of sexual misconduct from Virginia Giuffre, who said that she was forced to have sex with the former prince. Her civil lawsuit against him was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in 2022.








