Minnesota authorities said Monday they have charged an ICE agent with assault and filing a false report in the shooting of a Venezuelan immigrant at the height of the Trump administration’s immigration enforcement surge.
Christian Castro is charged with four counts of assault in the second degree and one count of falsely reporting a crime, and has a warrant out for his arrest, Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty said.
During “Operation Metro Surge,” which began in December last year, Castro shot “through the front door of a residence with the intent to cause of immediately bodily harm or death to the four adults who were just inside the door,” Moriarty said.
Castro fired at a home on Jan. 14 “knowing there were people who had just run inside who presented absolutely no threat to him or anyone else,” Moriarty said. She said a bullet traveled through the door, hitting Julio Sosa-Celis in the leg before ending up in the wall of a child’s bedroom.








